WRITER'S CIRCLE STORY FOR MARCH by V. Sharma

 ANOTHER STORY FROM ONE OF OUR RESIDENTS. 

On leaving India on March 2nd I asked some residents if they would write a story for me. I was delighted that Vinay Sharma sent me this story by email. 

It brought tears to my eyes. The love that shines through in Vinay's writing is very touching. It made me think of my relationship with my own father. I was only seven years old when he died and  I have very few memories of him. He was in the RAF and it was wartime so I saw very little of him. After his death at  the age of  44 I learned other things about him from my mother and distant memories came back to me,.some good, some bad.

Reading Vinay's love and close relationship with his father made me wish that I had had such a relationship with my own father. 

MY FATHER by Vinaykumar Sharma



The relationship I shared with my Father is too valuable to be put in words. My father had always been there for me right from my play school days.He is a person who pushed me to try everything in life, and not to back away from anything that came as a challenge. His constant dedication towards my interests and hobbies motivated me to pursue the same with more enthusiasm.
              I believe that greatest virtues he taught me were, Discipline and Punctuality. He taught me not to given in to fear and to face every adversity with clean and composed mind. His success secret was, hard work and honesty are the only way to success in life and no short cuts.
              My father was a wonderful human being and a great Dad. He made me strive to become a better person each day and ensured that I did not fall to bad intensions. He was a very successful business man. I could not have asked for a better role model than my father and mother who were equally responsible for maintaining the balance and peace of the family.
Vinay wrote about his mother in the OCTOBER writer's circle post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The board games and carrom are nearly completed

November and December events

The Photo Competition