The Photo Competition

 I  confess to taking lots of photos but that is only when I am on holiday. I take them home and eventually get round to editing them and deleting the worst. My favourite editor was Picasa but that early Google product has been abandoned and replaced by Google Photos. If, like me, you take crooked buildings and un-parallel columns, you would have liked easy to use straightening tool. However, although my old photos are safe with Picasa, my new ones seem to be demanding a place on a cloud or asking me for money to increase my space!

I noticed that most residents have smartphones so I wondered if they, like the younger generation, were 'snap happy' - meaning that they took lots of photos.  Judging to the response to the invitation to enter a photo competition, it seems not. I have come to the conclusion that smart phones are mainly used to send videos to one another on Whatsapp, accompanied by an invitation to forward them to friends near and far. Being free it is well used. 

  Recently WhatsApp has limited the number of people that can be forwarded in one go, in response to the vast amount of  false or dubious information spread about Covid and vaccination, on the internet. 

As Awaas Seva Sadan has two residents who studied photography at Art College I thought that some people might be interested in learning how to take better pictures, how to edit one's photos and develop a new hobby or resurrect an old interest.  

I was pleased to receive several good photos from Sunny but as he was not a resident they were not entered into the competition and neither were my efforts.

Here are the three winning entries !










1. Lake Tapovan by Mr Deshpande



2. Before the Monsoon by Prakash Gupte










3. Louses by Sainath Raorane 

Comments

  1. This is a photo I took at an altitude of 11000+ feet.. The place is called Budhaa Madhyamaheshwar. One can get entire 360 ° view of all Himalayan peaks. Length of trek is about 19 kms
    AVINASH DESHPANDE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blue and Yellow are the National Colours of Ukraine

Treking in the Himalaya - by Avinash Deshpande